Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chickens Not Yet Allowed

After a bit of research I recently learned that the ordinance for raising chickens within city limits has not yet been passed. With my heart set on raising chicks, I started an online petition which I hope will circulate rather quickly through Iowa City to be able to take it to the City Council and get things moving along. I know talks are in the works, but the citizens in Iowa City can help speed things up by contacting the City Council directly and letting them know that you would like to see the law changed. You can email the entire city council using this a: council@iowa-city.org - Please Note: All correspondence addressed to the entire City Council becomes a permanent public record.

Please consider contacting the City Council and signing the online petition on the right side of this page :) Thanks!

No comments: