Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter Grilling

Cam had a craving for steak so Sunday night we decided to grill. Adi and I shared a small piece of wild caught Alaskan Coho and Cam found an acceptable steak at the co-op. I have to just say that I can't believe how expensive it is to buy responsibly raised animal products. I knew eggs were often double the price, but because we rarely buy meat/fish I was pretty clueless as to the expense. Another good reason to eat a mostly plant based diet.



Due to early sunsets in the winter and a grill that is frozen to it's current location in the back yard, Cam had to improvise and pulled out the good 'ol head light. Our friend Sol would be proud :)

Per Adi's request we enjoyed a candle-lit dinner, though we didn't have enough candles or light to eat that way for long. I kind of like to see what's going in my mouth ;) Sorry the photo is so dark but if you look really closely you can see Adi and I in there.

No comments: